Want to know how to defeat Sir Gideon Ofnir, The All-Knowing in Elden Ring? We have the right guide for you to defeat this boss easily.
In Elden Ring, Sir Gideon Ofnir, The All-Knowing, is a boss that you will face. Sir Gideon Ofnir is a strong sorcerer that employs complex sorceries and incantations as a boss. He may be located in Leyndell, Capital of Ash, a branch of the Royal Capital that you can reach only once you’ve progressed far enough in the game. This is not an optional boss; in order to progress in Elden Ring, players must fight it. Read our guide to learn more about how to defeat Sir Gideon Ofnir, The All-Knowing.
Sir Gideon Ofnir Location
Sir Gideon may be found in Leyndell, Ash’s capitol. You’ll be able to battle Maliketh after defeating him in the Crumbling Farum Azula. After beating him, you will be brought to the capital city, but it will be covered in ash. Proceed to the spot where Godfrey was defeated. Gideon will be waiting in the same room.
Sir Gideon Ofnir’s Attacks
Sir Gideon has a wide range of spells under his belt. It’s not for nothing that he’s known as the All-Knowing. This is a list of all the attacks you should be aware of when fighting with this boss.
- Switft Glintstone Shard – Gideon will hurl a glintstone shard at you. This is a straightforward approach that can be readily avoided.
- Comet Azure – If you are caught in Gideon’s huge beam of electricity, your HP will be shredded.
- Black Flame Ritual – Gideon sends out a swarm of flame pillars.
- Bloodboon – If Gideon makes a slash with a bloody flame, it will cause bleed damage.
- Glintblade – Gideon will envelop himself in glintblades, which will fire at you after a brief period of time.
- Discus of Light – Gideon fires three light discs in a fan motion that returns after a brief time.
- Rykard’s Rancor – After striking you or an object, Gideon fires a crimson skull that delivers damage in an AOE.
- Scarlet Aeonia – Gideon leaps into the air and smacks his fist into the ground, forcing a flower to bleed and spreading Scarlet Rot to anyone nearby.
How To Defeat Sir Gideon Ofnir: Preparations
If you give Sir Gideon Ofnir enough extra space, he can be a powerful magic-user. For starters, we recommend employing the Mimic Tear Ash Summon for this boss fight because it may constantly push the opponent and leave him with very little room to maneuver. Although the Mimic Tear has been nerfed after the release of the Elden Ring, it is still a viable choice for tanking damage and attracting Gideon’s attention.
We’d also suggest employing a Blood or Frost special attack, and infusing your weapon with one of the Ash of War’s abilities. The Hoarfrost Stomp Ash of the War has been nerfed in the same way as the Mimic Tear has been, prolonging the casting time and somewhat reducing the damage. However, it’s still useful at dealing significant damage to Ofnir while he’s distracted by the Mimic Tear.
How To Defeat Sir Gideon Ofnir
Throughout the battle, Sir Gideon Ofnir might shower you with spells. His array of spectral swords, which he conjures up above him, may be one of his most effective spells. If you get within whacking distance of this, it will spurt towards you. You can use the Bleed or Frost-based ability to hit Gideon without coming too near.
Sir Gideon Ofnir will also fire rotating Holy damage discs or a single, large Glintstone projectile at you. Both of them can be avoided by ducking through them, but with the spinning discs, in particular, you’ll want to avoid dodging too quickly or the projectiles will be able to follow you.
He can pull it off if you go too far away from him, so when you see him plant both feet and prepare for the assault, try to sprint past him as soon as you can. You can utilize this to cause some major damage while he’s executing the spell.
Sir Gideon Ofnir has two special attacks, both of which are based on someone you’ve already defeated. If you defeat Mohg, Lord of Blood, and then tell Gideon about it before fighting him, he’ll unleash a wave of bloody flames that may cause Bleed damage. This can be avoided by fleeing the area or inflicting enough damage on Gideon before he casts the spell.
Upon knowing that you defeated Malenia, Blade of Miquella before the fight, he’ll turn into a lotus and fall into the earth, unleashing a massive area strike that builds up Scarlet Rot. Because Sir Gideon Ofnir can’t change the route of the attack once he’s beyond a certain point in the casting phase, you can either sprint out of range or roll beneath him.
For more Guides, Tips, and Tricks
- How to Complete A Knight’s Toil in Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
- City of Brass Guide – 10 Tips and Tricks
- How to Beat Bloody Finger Okina in Elden Ring – Guide
You can also check our dedicated Video Games Guides section.