In this Lost Ark Engravings guide, we’ll be covering everything you need to know about the Engravings in Lost Ark. So read it till the end.
Lost Ark’s Engravings system can be a bit confusing, especially for new players. But, with the right guidance, it can be an incredibly useful feature to enhance your character’s abilities and stats. From understanding how to obtain them to learning about the different types of Engravings and their effects to discovering the most efficient ways to upgrade them.
Engravings are upgrades that can be applied to weapons and armor to improve their stats and abilities but to do so, you’ll need specific Engraving recipes. However, don’t let this intimidate you, with a bit of guidance and practice, you’ll be able to master the Engravings system in no time. Regardless of your level of experience, this Lost Ark Engravings guide will offer insightful advice on how to get the most out of Lost Ark’s engravings system.
Lost Ark Engravings
In simple terms, Engravings are a way to enhance your character’s abilities and stats in Lost Ark. They can be unlocked by using Engraving Recipes or by equipping Ability Stones.
Both methods will give you access to special effects such as:
- Increased attack power.
- Reduced cooldown for Awakening skills.
- Increased movement speed.
To access the Engravings option, you can go to the Roster menu and look for the tab labeled “Engraving Effects.” This tab is divided into two categories, class bonuses that are exclusive to your current class, and combat bonuses that are available to all classes in the roster.
Each Engraving in Lost Ark has three levels, and in order to activate the effect of each level, you need to unlock five nodes. This means that if you’ve upgraded an Engraving but haven’t reached the fifth node yet, the effect will not be active. It’s worth noting that it takes a lot of upgrades to reach this point, so it’s quite normal not to have many active Engravings before reaching level 50.
Lost Ark Engravings Guide: How to unlock
Engraving Recipes: You can acquire them as quest rewards, especially Island Quests. They can also be obtained as drops from Dungeons and Raids. While most Engraving Recipe chests allow you to choose the Engraving of your choice, some are based on chance.
Ability Stones: They can be obtained from quests and events. They can only contain combat Engraving bonuses and not class-specific ones. To use them, you need to facet the Ability Stone at an Ability Stone Cutter’s station.
Equipment: After reaching Vern Castle, you’ll be able to get jewelry with Engraving effects.
You’ll be able to acquire your first Engraving Recipes by simply following the story quests. After reaching Luterra Castle, pick up the purple Adventure Quest called “Try Out Engravings” to receive 20 Uncommon Engravings as a reward.
When using Engraving Recipes, make sure to select the correct tier. To reach the third node, you’ll need 20 Uncommon Engraving Recipes, and then you’ll need to switch to Rare Engraving Recipes. To check which recipe tier is required for a specific Engraving, hover over the Engraving and check the information.
There is one thing that you should keep in mind. You have to check the level of the recipe you are using, you should use recipes of the same level as the Engraving you want to upgrade. Keep in mind that using a recipe of a lower level will not work.
Lost Ark 2023 Roadmap has been released recently and here are all the updates about it.
Best Lost Ark Engravings
You should keep in mind that your playstyle and character type will determine the best Engraving options in Lost Ark. Even though some effects may be considered powerful by many players, it is always a good idea to experiment with different Engravings to see what works best for you. That being said, some commonly recommended Engravings include:
- Awakening: This effect reduces the cooldown time of your Awakening Skill, allowing you to use it more frequently. The maximum cooldown reduction for the Awakening Engraving is 50%.
- Spirit Absorption: This effect increases both your attack power and movement speed by 15%.
- Super Charge: This effect is great for players who make use of charge attacks, it increases the charged attack speed by 40% and damage by 20%.
- Ambush Master: This effect is beneficial for players who often use back attacks, it increases back attack damage by 25%.
- Broken Bone: This effect increases the damage dealt to staggered enemies by 40%.
- Cursed Doll: This Engraving is considered a true glass canon, as it increases Attack Power by 16% but also decreases healing by 25%. It can be a powerful choice for experienced players.
- Grudge: This effect increases damage dealt to bosses by 20%, but also increases incoming damage by 20%. It’s considered a great Engraving for players who have mastered their class.
For more Guides, Tips, and Tricks
- Lost Ark 2023 Roadmap – Everything You Need to Know
- How to Get a Horse in Black Desert Online
- New Hidden Island with Secret Boss Uncovered in World of Warcraft
Check out our Video Games Guide Section for more dedicated guide