Here’s a detailed guide on Xyz Summoning in Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel. Learn what it is, how to perform it, and much more.
There are many methods to summon strong monsters from your extra deck onto the battlefield in Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel, but Xyz Summoning is one of the most versatile and surprising. Xyz Summoning, first seen in the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL anime, turns your monsters into materials that may be used to power up your Xyz Monsters.
Xyz is the center point for many of the game’s most popular archetypes, whether you’re playing in paper or on Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel. Here is a guide on Xyz Summoning in Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel.
What is Xyz Summoning
In Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel, XYZ Summoning is a very versatile sort of Special Summoning that allows players with practically any deck construction to use XYZ Monsters in their Extra Deck. The fourth Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime series, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, featured XYZ Monsters, which introduced a new mechanism that enabled players to link tributed Monsters to the XYZ Monster as XYZ Materials. XYZ Summoning is simple to learn, and players may employ this powerful mechanism to summon some extremely powerful Monsters.
How to Xyz Summon
You’ll usually need two monsters on the field under your control to Xyz Summon, and both of them must be the same level as the Xyz Monster you want to summon. If you wish to Xyz Summon a Time Thief Redoer, for example, you’ll need two Level 4 Monsters as Materials.
In rare circumstance, the Xyz Monster may have additional prerequisites. Some Xyz Monsters require more than two ingredients. They might even request a certain type or archetype of monster, Spellcaster-type monsters or Noble Knight monsters.
You’re ready to Xyz Summon the Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck after you’ve gathered your ingredients. Instead of going to your graveyard like they would with a Synchro or Fusion summon, your cards become the materials stack beneath your Xyz Monster.
You can Xyz Summon into a field where every monster slot has been filled since Xyz Summoning eliminates monsters to transform them into materials. The Xyz Monster will simply enter the field where one of its materials has previously occupied.
How to activate
The effects of an XYZ Monster can be activated by detaching its XYZ Materials, which are then sent to the graveyard unless otherwise stated by an active card effect. Some XYZ Monsters have extra effects that become active after no XYZ Materials are linked to them. While some of these consequences are beneficial to the player, others may be harmful. Even Yu-Gi-Oh! ‘s most iconic Monsters are no longer considered Monsters while working as XYZ Materials.
They aren’t regarded on the field because they are a component of the XYZ Monster. If an XYZ Monster is sent to the graveyard or removed from the field with its XYZ Materials attached, the Materials are also sent to the cemetery. XYZ Monsters, on the other hand, will not get any XYZ Materials when Special Summoned unless a card effect expressly grants them any.
Keep these things in mind for Xyz Summoning
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel, players must stack two face-up cards of the same level on the field as XYZ Materials, then attach an XYZ Monster of the same rank to the Materials to complete an XYZ Summon.
- XYZ Monsters do not have levels, but the number of black stars written beneath the card title indicates their rank.
- The needed resources for each XYZ Monster are listed in the card description.
- Some XYZ Monsters, on the other hand, need the summoning of a specific type or attribute of XYZ Material.
- XYZ Monsters, like all other Special Summons, cannot be Special Summoned from the graveyard or banished zone unless they have been properly XYZ Summoned beforehand.
For more Guides, Tips, and Tricks
- Death End Re;Quest 2 Guide – Everything You Need to Know
- How to Beat Hades Final Boss – A Complete Guide
- How to complete FIFA 22 Flashback Neymar Jr SBC
You can also check our dedicated Video Games Guides section.